Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chicken Parmesan

Mike and I adore Chicken Parmesan. I haven't used a recipe in years. I'll just give you my process, and I'll try to add pictures next time I make it.

Chicken Parmesan
a'la Alanna

Chicken Breasts
egg
milk
panko (or fine bread crumbs)
flour
Italian seasoning
salt
pepper
olive oil
Italian cheese (i.e. provolone, mozzarella, etc.)
Spaghetti sauce
spaghetti

First, I trim all the fat from the chicken breasts, because it totally grosses me out. Then, I salt & pepper the breasts.

Put flour in a small bowl.

Place an egg and some milk in a bowl and gently beat them together.

Put bread crumbs in a bowl with Italian seasoning.

Dip the breasts in the flour and gently coat them. Then, dip them into the egg/milk mixture and let the excess drip off.

Place the breasts in the dish of bread crumbs, and firmly press into the crumbs to thoroughly coat all sides.

Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Fry chicken for a couple minutes on each side until golden. Reduce heat and cover. Cook until chicken is white and tender all the way through. Place a slice of cheese on top of each breast. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.

Serve with spaghetti and sauce.

No comments: