Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Letter to Baby: February 25, 2010

Dear Little Bean,

I am so very excited to meet you. I think about you all the time, and I love to watch my belly wiggle and shake as you slide and thump around. I wonder what you are doing in there to make some of these crazy rumbles in my belly! I love to feel you moving every day, but sometimes I wish you would be a little more consistent. I especially wish that you wouldn't stop moving every time your daddy tries to feel your kicks!

I wonder what you look like. Will you look more like me, or more like your daddy? Do you have lots of hair yet? Is it blonde or brown? I wonder if you will be long or short or skinny or chubby. You are about 15" long now. That seems so long to me - you must really be getting cramped in my belly! You still seem to have plenty of room to move for now though. It's amazing to me that you will probably grow another 4"-7" before you are born. For now you only weigh about 2 1/2 pounds, but I know you are putting on weight every day. I just hope you don't put on TOO many more pounds before you are born - don't forget that I have to help you get out of here!

Your bedroom is almost ready for you. Your crib is being delivered today so it should be all set up for you very soon. We have lots of clothes from you from your Grammy Ellen, and even a few diapers and toys. Soon we'll be having a couple of baby showers, and all your new friends and family will be bringing you gifts. I can't wait until you arrive so you can use all your new things!

I have a feeling that you will be born late, since most first-born babies are. Maybe you will decide to be born on your Grandpa York's birthday, May 23rd. That would be very special! Whatever you decide is fine with me though - just as long as it is after April 24th, so you can be fully developed before you join this world. You and I are a team and whenever you are ready we will work together with Daddy's help to bring you into this world. We are so anxious to meet you!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Emily @ Baby Dickey said...

oooo it'll be here before you know it!! :)

I left you some blog awards! http://babydickey.com/2010/02/26/blog-awards/