Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

9 Weeks


Today I am 9 weeks pregnant! Baby is almost an inch long now, and is continually growing. The heart is finishing dividing into 4 chambers, and the embryonic "tail" is now completely gone. The sex organs are there, but won't be distinguishable for a few more weeks. The eyes are fully formed, but the eyelids are fused shut, and will stay that way for several more months. The placenta is just about ready to take over producing most of the hormones for baby now. Baby should start gaining weight rapidly now!


This week has been a bit rougher than the last. I have had several days this week where I've felt really nauseous and more tired than usual. It's been difficult at times to get M to understand that all my symptoms aren't just in my head. I definitely have my emotional days when every little thing makes me want to cry. Thankfully that only happens once or twice a week though, and it's not a daily thing!

M had a baby dream last night. He dreamed that our baby was born part cat! I haven't had any dreams about the baby yet, but it will be interesting to see what my brain puts together. Last night I dreamed about my friend's baby, so at least my dreams are starting to be more about babies. :)

I still have no baby bump. The gas and bloating sure can be bad lately, but the bloating comes and goes. I'm getting excited to go out and buy new bras and clothes, but I'm going to wait until at least next month, once we know for sure if we are getting this house or not!

No comments: