Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Cloth Diaper Update

Well, we did it - we finally made the complete switch to cloth diapers. Last night we used up the last of the disposable stash, so this is it - cloth only from here on out! I was getting discouraged at first because she kept leaking out of the Thirsties All In Ones. I think her legs are just too skinny for that type of diaper still. But, we have had success with the Thirsties fitteds and covers. I was still having a hard time with cloth diapering because we kept running out of diapers, and it was getting difficult to keep up with them - even doing laundry every day.

Now that I've gotten over my fear of using prefolds, we are doing great! I have been using the jelly roll fold, and along with my Snappi, they are working great! I'm getting faster and faster at putting them on. I plan to use the prefolds with Thirsties covers during the day and the fitteds and covers at night, when it will be more difficult to put on the Snappi in the dark. We will save the All In Ones for Daddy to use. (I've found that if I use a fleece liner they don't seem to leak quite as often.) Sam's little legs are getting pudgier every day too, so hopefully it won't be long before the AIO's stop leaking! We are also using cloth wipes, and it's been great. I do have to keep up with them regularly (washing and putting them back in the warmer with more solution) but it's not too complicated.

I'm feeling much more confident about cloth diapering now, and we are loving it!

3 comments:

Music said...

Glad to hear it's going so well!

craftymommajess said...

Glad it's going well!! We are planning to CD our little girl that will be coming soon :)

Katie said...

Yaaaay I'm glad you figured everything out! I remember when you were having issues with the AIOs.