Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

White Sangria

Can you believe it...I TOTALLY forgot to post my sangria recipe last night....and get this - I WAS DRINKING IT AS I WAS BLOGGING! I know...crazy. That's what I get for drinking and blogging!

Anyway, I have had some BAD sangria in my life. I am NOT a fan of sweet wines, so a lot of it grosses me out. But this recipe is SO good. No sugar...it's naturally sweet, but not TOO sweet! It's so light and refreshing for summer...a definite must-try! It's quite customizable, too. I've altered it a few times.



White Sangria recipe

Ingredients:
1 bottle (750 ml) sauvignon blanc wine or champagne
4 oz. peach schnapps
6 oz. apricot brandy (I couldn't find this, so I used some extra schnapps and regular brandy)
8 oz. pineapple juice
(I have replaced this with OJ and OJ/Mango juice before)
2 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
4 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1 small peach, pitted, diced
(I replaced this with a mango before - would also be good with a green apple)
2 vanilla beans, split

Garnish:
1 peach, sliced
Several springs of mint for garnish

Directions:
In a large bowl or pitcher, combine ingredients and let chill for at least one hour. Strain well and serve over plenty of ice. Garnish with peach slices and sprigs of mint.

1 comment:

grace said...

i had sangria for the first time the other day, and it's so good! i believe i'm a fan for life, and your recipe sounds like a fantastic version. :)