Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wonton Chicken Salad

The other item I chose to make for the birthday party was Wonton Chicken Salad, a dish my mom used to often make for potlucks when I was a kid. I remember how delicious it was, and couldn't wait to try it again!!!

WON TON SALAD

3 chicken breasts
1 head lettuce
4 chopped green onions
1/4 - 1/2 pkg. won ton noodles
2 Tblsp. slivered almonds

Dressing:
4 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. Accent (I don't know if that is still around or not -- it's a flavor enhancer)
6 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 clove garlic

Bake chicken breasts; season with salt and pepper. Shred skinned chicken.
Deep fry won ton noodles. Make a tossed salad of lettuce, chicken, onions and almonds. Top with noodles. Finish with dressing.




Super easy...super good! Sorry I have no pics, but really, you must try it!!!!

No comments: