Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

I wanna be a superhero.

Not your typical masked, caped, spandex-wearing superhero, but the kind of superhero that actually manages to get all her required tasks done. It's kind of ironic that my friend Natalie over at the Bobby Pin just posted on a similar topic. It seems that as working women, we are expected to take on SO many responsibilities. Most days I can handle my regular job - I work my usual 8-6 or whatever time I end up getting out of the office, and it's usually okay. I either go home and make dinner, or go to the gym, and then go home and make dinner. But sometimes it's just not that easy. Life happens on top of all the stress from work. Then I take on side freelance jobs to help supplement my income, and to help me make progress towards my goal of being in business for myself. And then I get a little bit stressed that it won't all get done. Then I realize that I haven't cleaned my house in two days, and the dishwasher is full of clean dishes and the dirty dishes are piled on the counter. And then I start getting sick, so that all I can do is lay on the couch until I feel better. And then I feel like maybe I've taken on too much responsibility in life? And I don't even have a kid yet! How do women do it. Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with life! Not that I'm not happy most of the time...but wow, it sure is hard to juggle work, personal life, household responsibility, taking care of my body, and still having time to relax now and then! Seriously. I think men have no idea how hard it is to be a woman sometimes!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Amen sista! I feel ya 100%

Unknown said...

See previous post... took the words right out of my mouth!

Fitness Foodie said...

I know so many things to do in a day sometimes, it just seems overwhelming. Take it one step at a time, and saying no to get some me time can help rejuvenate you.

iambellaluna said...

BB stole the words right out of my mouth. It was like a direct quote of my mind's words. Haha.

Slap full-time school on top of that and wow. You barely have time to say hi to your husband! This is what sends me into sheer panic whenever I do think about getting KU. I want to sooo bad but when will I have time for my kid? Then I remind myself I'm done with school in October and I instantly feel much better.

You'll work it out Al. :)

Alanna said...

I'm glad I'm not alone! I guess we are all Wonder Women in our own way. :) I know things always have a way of working themselves out. And DEFINITELY the "me time" helps!!! :)