I used the same recipe as my last loaf that went over really well, the supposed Weight Watcher's Banana Bread that sure doesn't seem very healthy to me. But who cares, really! It is SO tasty.
This time, I made different changes, and ended up with a LOT of vanilla in there!
Weight Watchers Moist Banana Bread recipe
Makes 12 servings
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla (I used a teaspoon of my new Singing Dog Vanilla AND a vanilla bean!)
1/4 cup milk (My milk was expired, so I ended up using Vanilla Soy Milk instead)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4-1/2 cup walnuts (optional) (I used pecans)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, milk, sugar and vanilla.
3. Add the flour and baking soda.
4. Mix well to combine for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 286 calories, 10.4g fat, 1.3g fiber
Once again, this bread is phenomenal. I greased the pan and coated it with sugar...sinfully tasty. All the vanilla in the bread is SO good!!! I really love the Singing Dog Vanilla - it is organic, and it looks unfiltered - I love the smell of it. SO yummy!!!