Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

So sad it's funny.

The other day Samantha was lying on her play mat, having a great time. She was kicking up a storm and waving her arms all around. Suddenly she started screaming as if she was in pain. I ran to help her, trying to figure out what had happened, when I realized that she had grabbed a handful of her own hair, tight to the scalp. Poor baby didn't realize that she was causing her own pain! Her grip kept getting tighter and tighter and she screamed harder and harder. I tried to gently pry her fingers loose, but she just didn't understand what was happening. I wanted to cry with her because it was so obvious she was in pain and at the same time I couldn't help but laugh because the whole situation was pretty funny! I finally got her hand loose and she was instantly calm and completely fine. I doubt she learned anything from this, but I sure hope it won't happen again!!!

No comments: