Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

33 Weeks

I am now 33 weeks pregnant. This has been an exciting weekend for Baby and I. Yesterday was my second baby shower, and I felt so loved by all my family and friends that came to celebrate with us. I'll post photos from the shower in a later post.
Baby is now the size of a honeydew melon (or a pineapple, but a honeydew seems a lot more comfortable to push out, so we'll keep that image in mind!). She's probably somewhere around 17", and weighs roughly 4.25 - 5lbs. She may grow as much as an inch this week. I'm guessing we'll have a pretty long baby! Her brain is continuing to develop rapidly. She's putting on more baby fat all the time, so she'll have that cute chubby baby look when she's born.
I am starting to feel the increase in body temperature, finally. I was hoping that it would have kicked in during the winter to keep me warm through the cold season, but it seems to have waited until the weather warmed up. Now that it's warm outside anyway, I'm a good 10 degrees warmer than everyone else, it seems. Thankfully I'll be done with this before the real summer weather kicks in! My rib pain and back pain are continuing, but I just bought a maternity support band that I'm looking forward to trying out. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the stress on my back!
33 Weeks

Overall everything is going great. Baby's room is pretty much stocked now, minus a few things that are mysteriously checked off the registry, but I did not receive yesterday. Hopefully they'll show up before Baby does! :) We have almost all of the essential items for her now. It's really starting to feel real! According to one of my weekly emails, she could come at any time now, but let's hope she waits until at least 37 weeks! My 33 week doctor appointment is coming up on Wednesday. Time is flying now!

No comments: