Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rib Jabs and Hockey

Last night Mike discovered that the Colorado Avalanche (my hometown hockey team!) were playing the Anaheim Ducks at the Honda Center up in Anaheim last night. We decided to head up there for the game, and I'm glad we did! It was about an hour drive, but totally worth it. Mike decided that he wants to start attending more hockey games (we used to watch the Gulls play all the time until the team went away), so he was cheering for the Ducks. I, of course, had to stick with my home team, so I was cheering for the Avs. And, guess who won? ;) Go Avalanche!

Baby Girl was definitely aware of what was going on at the game. It's been a long time since I've felt her SO active. Every time the music or loudspeaker would get loud (which was a lot) she would start kicking and punching like crazy. This was the first time I've really noticed her be affected by outside noise. It was pretty fun! A new development with her movements is that I can now feel her kicking (or punching) my ribs. Until the past few days I've always felt movement down closer to my belly button. Those rib jabs really get me! They don't hurt, but it's always a shock when she makes contact. It was really fun feeling her interact with her surroundings though. We'll definitely be taking her back to hockey games once she's an outside baby and gets a little older! :)

No comments: