Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I feel like I'm finally growing up.

Yesterday, we purchased our very first dining table set. It's actually really cool - it's a retro 50's style diner set, with black vinyl chairs with white piping, and a black table top with the classic boomerang pattern. The black and chrome looks great in our kitchen, with it's black and stainless steel appliances. My new dishes are also a classic diner style (with a red stripe!) so they work well with the dining table. And my new Kitchen Aid mixer matches well too. Now I just need more red accessories to pull it all together! Mike has been against dining tables for so long - we just never really needed one, since we always ate at the coffee table in front of the TV. Now that the little one is coming along though, we both agreed that we are going to need a table.

I can't find a picture that shows our particular table since it was custom-made, but it's similar to this one, with a black table top. Once we get the house decorated, I'll post some actual pictures of our kitchen. :)

Also, the other day, we made our first Costco run. I got the gift of a membership for my birthday, so we decided to go check it out. We've avoided the mass obsession with Costco for the past several years, but now that we own a home and are expecting a baby, we figured we'd give it a try. Plus, it's RIGHT down the street from our new house, so why not? :) We managed to keep it around $65 on that first trip...but I think we got lucky because they closed the store before we finished checking out every aisle!

I feel like we are doing such grown up things lately - having a baby, buying a house, getting a Costco membership, and now buying a dining set! Wow, I really have become an adult! ;)

No comments: