Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

We have movement!!!

I felt something the other night, but wasn't quite certain it was the little bean. I felt it again last night though, so I'm 99% sure that I felt the first movements!

The other night, December 14th, I was lying in bed reading, with my book propped up on my belly. I noticed my book suddenly pop up from my belly totally on it's own, twice in a row. It wasn't in time with my breathing at all, so I had a feeling it might have come from within. I tried to be still and feel for it again, but nothing else.

Last night I was lying in bed again, and I started feeling some funny little flutters in my belly. All the movement I felt was close to the front, just below the belly button, and definitely didn't feel like gas bubbles. It felt like a tiny little tickle or something brushing up against me from the inside. She must have been moving quite a bit, since I felt several movements from her before we finally fell asleep. I can't wait until it happens enough for Mike to feel!

I am so excited - this is the beginning of a whole new phase of my pregnancy! From here on out we just get bigger and get to know each other more and more.

I love you, Little One! :)

2 comments:

Kayce said...

That is soooo exciting! The first thing I felt was a foot kicking me haha. It is sooo amazing when you feel them all the time and realize there truly is a baby in there.

Kayce
(heartsandhandss)

Unknown said...

Isn't it the coolest feeling? I remember when I first felt our little one move and I just giggled and I was on a high all day. So amazing. Just wait until the end when your belly is moving in all directions, it really is the most amazing thing!