Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wondering about things to come.

I know this might sound a little weird, but I'm afraid that I won't be as excited once the baby is born. I really truly love being pregnant, and every day is a new adventure. This whole thing is so exciting to me! I am afraid that once she's born, I won't have this excitement and anticipation anymore. I know I'll have new things to be excited about once she's here, but for right now I can't even fathom what it is like to have an infant. Will every day still be exciting and new? Will I be as excited about every new thing she does as I am about each change in my body?

I'm also concerned that the second pregnancy just won't be anywhere as near as exciting as the first. Can it ever possibly be as amazing as the first time?

Now that I'm about halfway there, I'm really starting to think about life on the other side. I hope that being a mom is as good as being pregnant!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too LOVED being pregnant and from that standpoint can tell you that being a mom is over 100x better than being pregnant :) Every day does have something new and exciting to offer!

Alanna said...

Thank you for the reassurance - I can't wait!