Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Big Cooking Day!

Today is the big day - I am going to start my cooking so I can cook and freeze meals for after Baby arrives. I'm going to split it up over two days, since it's just me doing this on my own. I got all my menus, recipes, grocery lists, and instruction sheets from Once a Month Mom.

For today's menu, I followed the April 2010 Menu. A lot of the recipes didn't sound very appealing to me, so I just chose the ones that I did want to make, and edited the grocery list and instruction sheet accordingly. The instruction sheet is geared toward two people, but I will be doing it all myself. The recipes were also modified for two families, so I just halved most of them.

Here are the recipes I'll be cooking today:

Breakfasts
Strawberry Bread

Lunches
Ham & Cheese Quiche
Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls
Twice Baked Potatoes (I'm a bit nervous about these, since I've heard potatoes don't freeze well. We'll see how they turn out!)

Dinners
Sicilian Meatloaf
Buffalo Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Cordon Bleu


Tomorrow I'll be starting a new menu. I chose to use the menu from March 2009, and again, I decided to pick and choose the recipes that sounded appealing to me.

The recipes I will be making tomorrow are:

Breakfasts
Chocolate Chip Raspberry Pancakes
Whole Wheat Orange Spice Muffins
Farmer's Casserole

Lunches
Pizza Roll-Ups
Spinach Tortellini Soup

Dinners
Mexican Stuffed Shells (Unstuffed)
Firecracker Salmon


I'll come back in a couple days and let you know how my cooking days went!





No comments: