Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 10, 2009

9/10/09
I have been really stressing out about when to tell everyone about the baby. I am REALLY struggling with this. We've already told our parents, siblings, and our BFFs. But when to tell the rest of our friends and the general public?

I feel like we should wait until my 8-week visit, because I'm paranoid like that. But at the same time, I don't know if I can wait a whole month to share the news! M thinks we should just go ahead and tell everyone. If something happens (God forbid!) we will just have to tell everyone about that too.

I'm really struggling with telling my work. I have a boss who is kind of evil, and I wouldn't put it past her to decide not to give me a raise for some stupid reason (she's denied me a raise for a BS reason once already). But I feel like they should know, since I'll be going to the doctor a lot, and not feeling well, and all. I want them to know before I broadcast the news to everyone else. I'm not planning to stay after the baby comes...but they don't need to know that. I do want to stick out for the next 8 months so I have insurance to cover my prenatal care, as well as getting my maternity SDI leave. It would be awesome to have a raise for my last 6 months here (supposedly we will review my salary again in November), but I don't know if it's worth stressing out over a couple hundred dollars a month.

I'm tired of stressing about this, but I don't know what to do! I guess a lot of it depends on what happens with the house situation.

In the meantime, I'm feeling really nauseous today. Not like I'm going to throw up or anything...just overall yucky. I finally pooped this morning, which was awesome! I really have no appetite though. Around 10AM I finally got hungry for breakfast, but I wasn't able to finish my oatmeal without feeling sick. I think I'm going to go buy some Psi Bands today to help with the nausea.

On the bright side, there is a new baby boutique opening downstairs from my office. It is scheduled to open some time this month. When I first saw the sign go up, I was wishing and hoping that I'd be pregnant by the time it opened - and now I am!!!! I can't wait until it opens so I can buy something cute for baby! :)

No comments: