Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 11, 2009

9/11/09
Today I told all my girlfriends that I was pregnant. It's so great to have my friends in on the secret (not that it's really a secret anymore!). M of course is telling everyone, like it's nothing. I almost told everyone at work today. We went to lunch at Wine Steals, and I figured it would be the perfect time to tell them when I turned down a glass of wine. It didn't quite work out that way though. Everyone was talking when the wine came, so they just started filling glasses. I put a hand over mine and said I wasn't having any. They asked if I was serious, and L asked me why. I just said "I can't", intending to say more, but she just said "Oh." in kind of a hushed tone, like she understood that I didn't want to talk about it. Everyone was still in the middle of their conversation, so I just let it go. I'm sure L has her suspicions, but nobody said anything else about it. I'll take that as my sign that I should wait to tell them. Everyone I've talked to says it's best to tell work later, rather than sooner. Even if they do suspect, I guess I'll keep it a secret for a while longer.

We just found out that we didn't get this house we were hoping for, so I don't know where that puts us now. I guess we start planning for our babymoon, since we aren't likely to get a house before the first-time home-buyer credit ends. I know the roommie probably isn't planning to stick around until baby comes, and I know we can't afford to live here on our own, so we'll probably have to find a cheaper rental eventually. But for now, I just want to plan a nice, relaxing vacation, and forget about work and houses. I want some time to just enjoy time as a married couple...just the two of us...before baby makes three.

I just peed on a stick again. I don't know why, but I still can't really believe it. I keep analyzing the instructions and the results, making sure that two lines DOES, in fact, mean I'm pregnant. This time, the second line again showed up immediately, long before the control line, but it was WAY darker than the control line. I assume that means that my hCG levels are getting even higher, which is a good thing, I think. Tomorrow I am going to buy a pack of digital tests. I want to be able to confirm weekly until my prenatal appointment that I am still pregnant. And I want to SEE the word "pregnant" - no more of these silly lines! It's funny, when we were still TTC, I almost never POAS unless AF was late. Now that I am pregnant, I am constantly testing! It's still so surreal!

The nausea wasn't so bad today. The constipation is still annoying, but it's manageable. I know that all these little things are definitely the symptoms of a pregnant woman, but I can't wait until I actually FEEL pregnant. I want to have a baby bump and feel the baby moving. I welcome any symptom with open arms - I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Babymoons are wonderful! We were soo glad that we took the trip to Europe before little E got here. It was soo fun :)