Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 13, 2009

9/13/09
Today I am 5 weeks pregnant! Baby is the size of a sesame seed now, and growing quickly. I am feeling little twinges in my uterus as it expands, and I am really noticing more pressure on my bladder now! Thankfully the nausea has subsided for these past two days, but my boobs are sorer than ever! I am noticing that they are more full than they used to be, but they don't seem to be any larger yet.

M is SO nervous about me being pregnant, it's kind of funny. Yesterday he told me that he was concerned because he didn't know what he could and couldn't do with me now. I told him not to worry - pretty much anything other than horseback riding or violent jumping and bouncing would be okay. We can continue life as usual for now! He expressed that he was concerned about whether or not we could have sex, and I assured him that we don't need to stop at all. I forget sometimes how squeamish he is about stuff like this. I started describing things to him, in what I thought were simple terms, and he started getting totally grossed out at the mention of words like "placenta" or even "fluid." Even the thought of the baby getting a heartbeat soon started to make him look a little pale! I think that having him come to my first prenatal appointment will be good for him. That way he can ask any questions to the doctor, and hopefully they will make him feel a bit more comfortable. I'm hoping that seeing the ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat will make him feel a little more relaxed, and a little less squeamish. I think that once it really starts looking like a baby instead of an embryo, he'll be a little more okay with seeing pictures. :) I know he'll be fine. I just have to remember that he hasn't been preparing himself mentally for all these internal changes like I have!

I bought 4 digital HPTs so that I can test every week up until my doctor appointment. I used one this morning, and I was SOOOO nervous! Even though I know that two pink lines means "pregnant," for some reason I felt like I needed to see the word. I was so afraid for some reason that the digital test would be negative. But nope, right on time, it popped up saying "Pregnant." Yay! I keep going back in the bathroom to look at the test results. It makes me so happy! I will use the last 3 tests, one at a time, every Sunday morning until my appointment. I know I'm weird...but it makes me feel better. :)

No comments: