Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

NFR: Movies I Watched

So, I know this is totally not food related, but I feel like posting, and I don't have the capability of editing my photos on the computer here at work, so I'll post about something else.

It was a lazy weekend - I think we watched 4 movies in 2 days. On Saturday night, we watched:
1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Mike wasn't impressed - he thought it was very non-climactic. I think he thought it was the last of the series. I informed him that there are still a couple more books to come. Still, I agree...I felt like it was building up for something big, and then it was really not a big deal after all. I enjoyed the movie, however. The HP movies are always fun to look at, even if the stories are quite a bit below my age level.
My rating: 3 stars
Mike's rating: 2 stars, maybe?

2. The Heartbreak Kid. I did enjoy this movie...it was funny until about halfway through when it just started to get boring. In the end, I just couldn't figure out what was so wrong with his wife. She seemed like a normal, crazy girl to me. I thought she was normal, anyway. So, I was pretty annoyed with Ben Stiller by the end. I had no compassion for his character at all. But, like I said, the first half was quite hilarious, and I really enjoyed it.
My rating: 3 stars
Mike's rating: 3 stars

Yesterday we watched:
3. The Darwin Awards. This movie was great! It has an all-star cast, and it is just funny all the way through! I love the short stories about dumb people, all intertwined by the story of the main characters. I never got bored, and I definitely laughed a lot. Mike just loved this movie. He kept talking about how great it was. I don't even remember hearing about this in theaters, so it was a great find on Netflix!
My rating: 4 stars
Mike's rating: 5 stars

4. Beerfest. This one we've seen a million times, and it never ceases to be funny. Seriously, it was after midnight on Sunday night, and I was laughing so loud, I was afraid the neighbors would come over and complain. It just never gets old! You can't go wrong with crude humor about beer.
My rating: 5 stars
Mike's rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I didn't know that they made a movie about the Darwin Awards. Those things crack me up. My science teacher in highschool used to read his favorites to us. Crazy!