Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Crack - I mean Buffalo Chicken Dip

So, I found this recipe circulating around on several blogs. It sounded a little weird, but from the ratings it was getting, I figured I had to try it. Seriously, how many dips do you hear called "Crack Dip?" I decided I'd make it for our house-warming party so I would have many guinea pigs to try it out on.

It is SO simple! Here is the recipe I used, though I totally didn't stick with the measurements closely at all. I just dumped things in the amounts that seemed right - the way I like to cook!

The last place I found this recipe was on my new friend Gillian's blog.

Ingredients:
3 cooked and shredded chicken breasts (I just used two, and microwaved them because I was already using my oven for cupcakes)
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
8 ounces cream cheese (I used the lower-fat Neufchatel cheese)
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese


Method:
1. Mix the cooked and shredded chicken with the hot sauce in the bottom of the pan.


2. In a separate pan, melt the cream cheese and ranch dressing together. Blend in the blue cheese. Spread this mixture on top of the chicken.

3. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. After baking, I let mine cool so I could transport it. Sprinkle it with the cheddar and bake an additional 10 minutes or so to warm it through.

I served this with carrot sticks and celery sticks and tortilla chips. The tortilla chips worked MUCH better. It was hard to eat hot, cooked chicken on a raw carrot stick. They did go well together though. I could NOT stop eating this stuff! All night long, people kept coming up to me and saying they loved the stuff, and asking for the recipe. So, here you have it, people! Buffalo Crack Dip. Or Crack Chicken Dip. Whatever you want to call it. :)

4 comments:

CB said...

I think I need to try this recipe again. I made it for UCLA tailgating this past October and I don't think it traveled well b/c it wasn't that great 2 hours later. bummer. ps. you aren't allowed to have new friends. I get jealous easily. ;)

Alanna said...

Never fear, CB...no one can compare to you!!!

CB said...

whew. hehe.

Megan said...

I just happen to have left over blue cheese. Sounds like this is a must try!