Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Meal update

So...I've been slacking on the blogging. Honestly, since my cupcakes, I haven't done much cooking. We ended up having people over, so we just BBQ'd burgers. Then, the other night, I had planned to cook, but it didn't happen. I went to the gym, took a shower, and then put on sweats, intending to cook dinner. I came upstairs, walked into the kitchen like a total mess, pj's, wet hair and all, and M's friends said "Hey, want to go out for dinner? I'll buy." Sheesh. Well, I didn't want to bother cooking, but at the same time, I really didn't feel like changing my clothes and putting myself together. But, what the hey...I can't turn down a free dinner. So, we all carted off to the Burger Lounge. I didn't have very high expectations, since I was picturing a little Hamburger Stand or a snooty bougie place, since it was in La Jolla. I was pleasantly surprised! It was pretty classy in there but still had that 50's diner kind of feel. I ordered a turkey burger, which was delicious, and Troy ordered a vegetarian burger, which was actually made of quinoa! It was really tasty. Mike ordered chicken fingers, which came on a stick. Matt had a regular burger. We all agreed that our food was delish, though Mike wished he had ordered a turkey burger too. On the counter, they had these huge cupcakes. I honestly could not stop staring at them. The girl at the counter probably thought I had a problem. I was just loving the way they were decorated...how nicely shaped they were. Wow. What has gotten into me? I'm becoming a cupcake fanatic. I resisted the urge to buy one, however, since I had just gone to the gym, and a beer and a burger was quite filling enough for me.

So, on to last night. I did cook, but I didn't take any pictures because the food came out SO ugly. It tasted great though! I made this and this. I thought the Tilapia Francaise sounded lovely, and I too made it with steamed broccoli, just like my friend Andrea did. I had a lot of fillets, so I had a really hard time making sauce in the same pan as the fish, and I ended up breaking the fillets into pieces, which was not pretty. :( But, again, it tasted great. The white pepper REALLY helped. I could take it or leave it, but Mike really liked it. The Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries were SO good. I love sweet potatoes, and with the chili powder and Parmesan cheese, they are delectable! The horseradish dipping sauce was just the icing on the cake. I am totally making these again!

I probably won't be blogging about cooking for a while...we are having family from Ohio here for the next week, so I have a feeling we'll be doing a lot of eating out. Tonight we are BBQing carne asada and pollo asado with our dear friends, Chris and Holly. Should be a blast!

Ciao!

No comments: