Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

Ravioli in Balsamic Brown Butter

Well, I didn't get much cooking done this weekend, seeing as how I was stuck in bed for most of it. Quite a pity, since here in San Diego, we had summer weather, and the rest of the population was at the beach catching rays. What a waste of a weekend. :( My throat was too sore to eat much of anything, and even if I had been able to eat, I wasn't capable of standing long enough to cook. So, I didn't do much cooking until last night, when I figured I was well enough to cook some ravioli, which was also soft enough for me to eat. The other problem is that my roommate borrowed my camera for the next three days, so I can't post any new pics on my blog. But, you can look at my friend Andrea's pictures, who's recipe I borrowed, since mine looked pretty much the same anyway! (Andrea's photo)
I made Ravioli in Balsamic Brown Butter, and like Andrea suggested, I used half butter and half olive oil. It looks delicious, but I wasn't really all that impressed. Mike and his friend thought it was great though. I just felt like it was missing something. I suppose if I had served it with a salad like I had intended to, it would have balanced the meal out a bit better. Anyway, tasty recipe, but not one I'm likely to make again. Next time I make ravioli, I'll just serve it with my homemade marinara sauce.

4 comments:

Nikki57 said...

That sounds fantastic. Now I want some

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more, Alanna. It looks so delish, but def. was missing something. I don't think I'll make it again either.

slush said...

Ive made this before. I saw a similar recipe on 30 minute meals. She made the ravioli with rosemary grilled chicken, and it was killer.

Alanna said...

Oh, yeah, it would probably be a lot better with chicken!