Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

24 Week Appointment

Today I finally had my 24-week appointment. It's funny how excited I was about it, and how uneventful the appointment actually ended up being! It's always good to get out of the office for a bit though, and of course I love to hear my little baby's heartbeat!

First things first - I had a bit of a shock when I got on the scale - 147 pounds!!! That means I'm up 8 pounds in the last month, for a gain of 10 pounds total. Yikes! I think I might need to lay off the cookies and ice cream for a while.

Little girl's heartbeat was right about 166 bpm - nice and strong!

I told the doctor that I didn't feel her moving so much during the week that I was sick, and asked if she could have been affected by my flu. He said that no, she wouldn't have been bothered by it, but he said it seems that babies usually follow the lead of the mother - when Mom's not feeling well and is just relaxing, Baby usually does the same. When Mom is active, so is Baby! I suppose that is true most of the time...although she does get active sometimes when I'm trying to sleep!

It's just about time for my glucose screening test. In a few weeks I'll go in and drink the sugar drink. Fun, fun!

I also found out about bi-weekly visits. They begin after 28 weeks, so one more monthly appointment, and I start going in every 2 weeks! That will really make it feel like time is moving quickly!

It's also time for me to call the hospital and schedule a time for Mike and I to take our tour. I guess they don't always do tours due to the H1N1, so hopefully they'll be doing them at a time when we can attend. I'm still really hoping that my doctor's new birthing center will be open in time for me to deliver there, but in the meantime I'm just going to prepare to deliver at the hospital. If I find out the birthing center will be open in time, then we'll adjust plans accordingly.

My next regular appointment is February 22nd - by then I'll be in the 3rd trimester!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The 22nd is Ethan's birthday!