Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More nausea. Blech.

I have been feeling nauseous for the past couple of days. For someone who hardly had morning sickness to begin with, I didn't expect it to come back again in the second trimester! I started feeling really hot and flushed, and then queasy. Yesterday I started getting a bad headache again. On top of all that, with my heartbeat and pulse just going nuts, I felt like I was going to die! I brought my Psi Bands to work today just in case the queasiness comes back. I suppose I could be coming down with something, but I'm pretty sure it's just pregnancy-related, since it comes and goes.

I read that nausea at this point in pregnancy isn't usually caused by hormones anymore, since my body has already grown accustomed to them. Nausea at this point is usually caused by the uterus pushing up on the stomach, causing digestion to slow down, and heartburn to kick in. I haven't really been feeling heartburn, but I definitely feel like I have indigestion. I'm afraid that it's time for me to call it quits on the pizza parlor downstairs from my office. It smells SO tempting, and I keep giving in, but every time I eat it I seem to feel yucky. Time to get back on the healthy food bandwagon!

What else is new? I'm feeling huge today. I felt a couple little kicks yesterday. I actually dreamed about my baby last night. She was just a little pink baby burrito in the hospital nursery. Mike and I have been talking a lot more about natural childbirth. He's starting to show more interest in helping out. I am still waiting to hear back from our childbirth instructor about officially signing up for our class. I am so excited to get started!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I had major nausea problems in 2nd tri and felt super light headed and dizzy a lot because of blodd pressure changes. Maybe that's whats happening to you too? I think mine dipped too low. I would almost black out when I would try to stand up. No fun, but it got better about the time I hit early to mid-3rd tri. Hope you feel better!