1. If it had to happen at some point, now is probably the best possible time. We actually started saving money, and while we were intending to replace our windows with it, at least we do have that cushion and will be able to afford our mortgage for a couple of extra months should we fall short on income.
2. I got a bonus this year, which is enough for us to buy the necessary furniture items for the nursery (crib, glider, and dresser).
3. While I am still working full-time, we are able to cover all our expenses, even without Mike working.
4. We still have 3 full months for Mike to find stable income before I go on maternity leave.
5. Mike will be much happier doing work that he enjoys - Work has been a major downer for him, so he will finally be able to be himself again.
1. It is scary to be pregnant, knowing that in just a few months, we will not be able to afford our expenses if Mike hasn't found steady income yet. We are now on a SUPER tight budget.
2. We still need a second vehicle - if Mike needs to buy new business supplies, that will drastically cut into our car savings fund.
3. Things are now up in the air as to what I will do after the baby comes - I can't make any plans until we know what Mike's employment situation will be like.
So see, the pros do outweigh the cons. But please, keep us in your thoughts and prayers. This means that I need to get very serious about setting up my bookbinding business so that I will also have a supplemental income, but I have been SO exhausted lately, I haven't been able to manage it. And if any of you, or anyone you know needs any graphic design or web design work done, please send them our way! (He does AWESOME work, really!) We need all the work Mike can get right now.